Re: replacement of 'monetize...'

Makes sense. "Monetize" could be more appealing to a wider audience, but we don't want to focus on the word "money." It's better to advocate sustainable, scalable, and rewarding business.

I prefer the first one, which more accurately communicates our point than the 2nd. I'd suggest optimizing it to "Run Your Business on Free Software" to avoid ambiguity