Re: Reminder | GNOME.Asia IRC Meeting Mar 22 UTC 1400

On 03/22/2011 02:54 PM, Emily Chen wrote:
19) Emily to work on the survey / questionnaires to participants

Is the survey / questionnaires used for Lucky draw ? Or post conference survey ? Submit by paper or submit online?
Does it need translated in local language or English is fine ?

Same as in previous years, the questionnaires will be a post event survey to gather feedbacks and email addresses for us to follow up and invite them to join the local community later. We are still considering whether we will do it on the spot or online afterwards.

As you mention about lucky draw, if we cannot find other way for lucky draw, maybe questionnaires can be distributed on the spot :) And English is fine, thanks!


2011/3/21 Pockey Lam <pockeylam gnome org>
Dear all,

Please find below the agenda of upcoming IRC meeting.

This will be our last IRC meeting for the Hackfest / Summit, and we will be able to host one face to face in Bangalore ;-)

As usual, i
n order to save time for the irc meeting, let's update our action item status by email in advance.

Please also note that I will be travelling to Hong Kong to get my VISA to Bangalore i.e. I may not be able to join.
Fred volunteered to host the meeting, thanks!

Date: Mar 22 Tuesday
Time: 1400 UTC  (1 hour)
Channel: #asia-summit at GIMPnet server

Planned Agenda:
  1. Previous action items update
  2. Call for Local Sponsors update
  3. Public registration status update
  4. Student training registration update
  5. Business sessions participants update
  6. ISP service update
  7. Call for volunteer update
  8. Call for MCs update
  9. Call for Exhibition update
  10. Marketing activities / press invitation update
  11. Marketing materials production status
  12. Review check-list (a must do item :-) as it's our last meeting before the hackfest / conference) - esp. ***read the section of 1 week before the event***
Previous AI:
1) local team to get volunteers to approach 20+ colleges and local communities to give away free passes to the conference (still 1.5 weeks from the conference, let's work hard on getting 1000 participants :-)
2)  Brian to be the moderator of business session BOF
3) BLUG_Fred to make lists of participants for biz and collab sessions (DONE)
4)  Fred will shift 'Distribution collaboration' on some other date, may be during hackfest days
5) Local team to enquire and publish details about tour + party for hackfest attendees.
    Party budget at 30USD per person, but to suggest the best possible place.
    and Srag to help to talk to Intel to sponsor hackfest party
6) Local team to get some media to cover the event (Chandni sent email about media sponsors)
7) Pockey finished the artwork of bags, next step is local team to produce conference bags will be made, need to be ordered in India
8) Local team to call for MCs and call for exhibitors
9) Local team to contact local communities for : advertise our event, invite them to man a booth
10) lakhil said due to cricket world cup final, we should try to end first day conference (April 2) by 3 PM, pockeylam will restrict talk time to 45 mins / talk (DONE)
11) srag to check with Bosch if they interested to attend the business session
12) srag to approach the trainer at Infosys mysore for the business session
13) Local team to get some media to cover the event - Deadline next meeting on 15 March
14) Allan / Max to work on the video streaming option of our conference
15) Pockey to work on the certificates of volunteers / student training
16) Pockey to work on the program (DONE)
17) Lakhl / bharath to book the hotel (DONE)
18) Srini / Lakhil / Bharath to book the venue (DONE)
19) Emily to work on the survey / questionnaires to participants
20) Pockey to update the checklist  (DONE)


asia-summit-list mailing list
asia-summit-list gnome org

_______________________________________________ asia-summit-list mailing list asia-summit-list gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]