Schedule:
Date: Feb 22 Tuesday
Time: 1400 UTC  (1 hour)
Channel: #asia-summit at GIMPnet server

Agenda:
 1. Previous action items review
 2. Update on Call for Papers
 3. Update on Call for Sponsors
 4. Finalize and open registration
 5. gnome.asia website
  6. Review the check-list: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CheckList
  7. Other open topics

New Action items

  1. Emily / Bharath to follow up with the board about using the bank account of Novell India
  2. Lakhil / Bharath to plan / work on network / wiki for venue
  3. Bharath / Akhil to prepare a floorplan with booths outline for exhibitors to pick booth location
  4. Bharath / Lakhil to talk to the hotel to see if the hotel can accept the confirmation of hackers / rooms 1 week in advance instead of 2 weeks
  5. Lakhil / Bharath to discuss internally about the hotel booking. Then, Lakhil / Bharath to get an estimated number of person who will need hotel rooms (by sending emails to ask who need subsidy of room and from when to when)
  6. Bharath to book venue based on http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/VenueRequirements
  7. Everybody to finalize the schedule with talks before openning registration, we target to open registration on 21 Feb (Monday)
    • Updates: Akhil / Pockey worked on registration system using DoAttend, next step is to get a bank account for online payment
  8. Akhil and Bharath to finalize a page to explain the entrance fee (ready before open registration) and Pockey to put the fee at our gnome.asia website

Outstanding action item status:

  1. Lakhil to contact an ISP (contacted and no response so far)
  2. lakhil to send this student training wiki page to the universities to see how many students would be interested to join http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/StudentTraining

  3. abharath, lakhil to update the local companies list @ potential sponsor page: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/PotentialSponsors

  4. Bharath to reply on Pockey's email about marketing materials standard size (and then Pockey to ask Andreas help on design)
  5. Max to work on the live streaming video for the conference
  6. Max to send us email to update the web conference tool (to test the web conference tool (justin.tv) with BJ GNOME User Group as next step, and if the quality is good, Max to write a how-to in a wiki page so different launch parties organizers can connect their events together)