Re: Submission for paper at GNOME.Asia

Hi Brian,

Sure, you talk will be arranged in schedule.

I forward your talk proposal to COSCUP team.

-Emily

2010/6/26 Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>

GNOME.Asia Organizers:

It was my understanding that the deadline for GNOME.Asia Call for
Papers was Friday, June 25th.  However, I see on the website[1] that
the deadline has passed even though it is still June 25th here in the
U.S.

So I am hoping that you will accept my submission for a paper.  My
plans are to work with Vincent Untz and to provide a talk similar to
the "Road to GNOME 3" talk that he gave at LinuxTag earlier this year.

Thank you for consideration.  Details about my talk are below:

Brian Cameron

---

Topic: Road to GNOME 3
Photo: http://www.sheepfiends.com/brian/brian-gnome.jpg
Bio:

Brian Cameron is a free software advocate and has worked for the past
10 years as a senior engineer on the GNOME Desktop at Sun Microsystems
and now Oracle.  Brian has served on the GNOME Foundation board of
directors for the past 2.5 years and is currently acting as secretary.
Brian has also been the maintainer of GDM since January, 1995.

Synopsis:

The GNOME project began in 1997 and version 1.0 was released in March,
1999.  GNOME 2.0 followed in June, 2002.  After eight years, GNOME 2.30
has recently been released.  The evolutionary time-based release
schedule enabled the project to progress in an evolutionary way for
years, and the cumulated changes are huge.

Now the GNOME community is on the cusp of releasing GNOME 3.0.  In this
talk, we will discuss the work done in GNOME 2.x which led to the
new major release and also the many new technologies that will be
introduced in GNOME 3.0.

New GNOME 3.0 technologies that will be discussed in this talk include
GTK+ 3.0, GNOME Shell, Clutter, Dconf/GSettings, and more.

---

[1]https://registrano.com/events/coscup2010papersubmission/registrations/new?locale=en