From: Will LaShell <will lashell net>
To: Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com>, Pockey Lam
<pockey beijinglug org>
Subject: bio/stuff
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:13:54 -0700

Bio:
Will LaShell leads the development team of Scottsdale, Arizona based
VURIA Creative Technologies. Will has been a free software community
member for the past 14 years, and has been a GNOME advocate since its
beginning. Will has worked in several roles within the GNOME project
including bug reporting and triage, infrastructure development and
maintenance of various utility applications.

Topic:  Contributing to GNOME: Getting Involved is Easy!

Abstract:
As a new member of the free software community you may not know how to
become more involved. This talk will guide you in the various ways you
can contribute to free software, including bug reporting and application
testing, translation and internationalization, code patches and
advocacy.

Topic:  Introduction to modern web development with free software.

Abstract:
This talk will cover web development using various free software
development tools and the Django framework. We will use the GNOME.Asia
website infrastructure as case study showcasing some of the features of
this development stack.