Fwd: GNOME.ASIA 2009 - VOLUNTEER FIRST MEETING

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eden Dang Phuc Hau <dangphuchau gmail com>
Date: 2009/10/25
Subject: GNOME.ASIA 2009 - VOLUNTEER FIRST MEETING
To: fossasia googlegroups com

Hi all,

this is a report of the first GNOME.Asia 2009 Volunteer Meet Up by
Eden, our volunteer leader. At the moment, we have 45 volunteers, more
and more applications are coming everyday since the volunteers spread
the news among their friends.

27 people attended the first meeting. Eden said majority of the
volunteers are from language department instead of IT. All speak very
well English. However, they don't know much about FOSS. We can't even
send them OpenOffice format files. But they are very enthusiastic and
willing to learn more about FOSS.

I think if we can have up to 100 volunteers, we already have around
1/3 of expected participants for the summit. What do you think? Can we
have that many volunteers? Or should we only get a certain number of
people?

Hong Phuc