Talking with Leslie Hawthorn from Google

Hi,

I just had an email exchange with Leslie Hawthorn from Google asking
her about some speakers from Google for GNOME.Asia. Important parts
see below. I will meet her at the GSoC  mentor summit and we will see,
if we can get speakers to GNOME.Asia.

All the best,

Mario

> The summit will be
> held from Nov. 20-22. Do you think, we could get some developers from
> Google, e.g. Android developers, to give a talk?

I wish I could help with this but getting a speaker on Android is
almost impossible. Maybe ping Robert Love directly? I believe he gave
a talk on Android at GUADEC once and it would be more likely that he
could get clearance to reprise it than to get a speaker from the
Android team. Maybe also ping Chris DiBona?

> We can have a chat about it at the mentors summit in a few weeks, but
> it might be a bit late to talk about sending developers here in
> November. If you see any chance to get Google devs here, it would be
> great if you could let me know.

Maybe we can track some people down when you are here for the summit.
We'll see what we can do.

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Program Manager - Open Source