Re: Gnome.Asia HCM, Follow up

Excellent! I am looking forward to work with you guys to make the 2nd Summit happened in Vietnam.

Now, I would like to forward this email to the GNOME.Asia Committee list:
asia-summit-list gnome org

Also, I would like to invite all of the local organizers to join the asia-summit-list from below link:

We can discuss about plan and detail things there in this mail list.

About the speaker list, last year, many international speakers are interested in coming but conflict with the travel plan, so this year, may be you can think about invite them earlier this year.

They are:

Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> Past Director at GNOME Foundation, current is Treasurer at Association des Jeunes Entrepreneurs Lyonnais, maemo.org docmaster at maemo.org and Founder at Neary Consulting.

Jon Phillips <jon rejon org> works for Creative Commons, and also works on Inkscape, and lives in Hong Kong. Jon joined the first GNOME.Asia Summit in Beijing, he is really a good speaker.

Andy Fitzsimon <andyfitz gmail com> is a member of the Tango team, and OpenClipart and Inkscape contributor (and all-round nice guy) lives in HK.

Alex Lau <allau novell com> is engineer manager in Novel Beijing China, past president of BLUG.

Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com> lives in Australia, maintains the java-gnome bindings, and might be interested.

Pema Geyleg <pema geyleg gmail com> was the development lead for Dzongkha Linux, a distribution based on Debian funded by the Bhutanese
government. Christian Perrier <bubulle debian org> attended the launch for Debian, and may be able to put you in contact with them. The website
of the government department responsible is  and the project website is http://dzongkha.sourceforge.net/

I am sure Stormy and other people in the list will give you more recommendation of potential speakers.

About contact potential sponsors, I will send you an email which include all the contact information of sponsors in another email.

Let's work together to make it happen in Vietnam.

Cheers,
Emily

Mario Behling wrote:
Dear all,

this week we will have the Linuxtag in Berlin. This is a good
opportunity to follow up about the idea of a Gnome.Asia Summit in
Vietnam in November and see, who would be a suitable international
participant, I believe.

I have put together an initial proposal based on last years one and a
check list for the location in Saigon
(http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/Vietnam%202009%20Check%20List).

The speakers list is a list with initial thoughts. It would be great,
if you could provide some ideas of who to invite.

The document enclosed.

All the best,

Mario