Re: GNOME ASIA 2009 Update

All,

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 08:12 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:
> I have to agree with Fred. We are looking for someone to run
> GNOME.Asia. We know that GNOME.Asia can be a success and are looking
> for someone to run it.

Absolutely. It is paramount to continue our work on the GNOME.Asia
Summit with the brand and model we started with.

> If you had come to us with a proposal to create a new conference and
> include or co-locate GNOME.Asia in it, I would still want a team
> focused just on GNOME.Asia inside that new conference structure.
>
> While I don't speak for the whole group, I think including/inviting
> all the other desktop topics in GNOME.Asia is great. However, I think
> the event should still be GNOME.Asia ...

This is what we did last year. It worked quite well. We covered a nice
range of desktop and technology topics.

> What about something like GNOME.Asia with a subtitle of "The Desktop
> Summit of Asia"?

The Asian Desktop Summit

or

Asia's Desktop Summit

> What do others think?
>
> Stormy
>
> P.S. Did Alolita sign up for the asia-summit list? Should we cc her
> here?

If she isn't on the list one of us can add her.

Will