Re: Problem about IRC : #asia-summit :Cannot send to channel

Hi Emily,

I guess we can set up one if the channel supports the ****NickServ, ChanServ service: http://www.autistici.org/en/stuff/user_howto/man_im/man_irc/irc_services_howto.html. But it seems that they aren't available for irc://irc.gnome.org.

Cheers,
-Alfred

emily chen wrote:
Hi all,

Recently, we can not send message to our channel #asia-summit. After Google the problem, I got below reasons:

    /Why do I receive "Cannot send to channel"?

    There may be several reasons for this:

    The channel may be moderated (channel mode +m) and you may not be
    voiced/opped.

    You may be attempting to send coloured text to a channel with
    channel mode +c set.

    You may be attempting to CTCP a channel which has channel mode +C set.

    You may be banned on the channel and not have voice/op status. /

This makes me think about we should have a IRC robot for our channel.

Any one can help on setting up a IRC robot for #asia-summit ?

Thanks in advance,
Emily