GNOME.Asia Summit Progress Report -- 26th Sep 2008

hi all,

Below is the progress report of GNOME.Asia Summit about what we have done in recent three weeks.

1. Sponsors

-Motorola has confirmed to be Silver Sponsor of GNOME.Asia Summit
    -Mozilla has confirmed to be silver sponsor of GNOME.Asia Summit
    -Google has confirmed to be other sponsor of GNOME.Asia Summit by provide gifts.
     See more detail information from : http://gnome.asia/en/sponsor/

2. Status of the participants
    We have about 280 participants registered so far without promotion in university :
I will attend two days of GNOME.Asia summit: 246
I will attend the first day of GNOME.Asia summit: 46
I will attend the second day of GNOME.Asia summit: 4

3. Update the schedule

  We have arrange almost all the talks into schedule, see it from: http://gnome.asia/en/schedule/
    We are going to make the first day as "Community Day", the second day as "Univeristy Day", we will encourage more students to attend and join discussion on the second day.

4. Sponsor speakers
    We will provide travel reimbursement to 8 speakers who are from Asia and other countries.

5. We have designed our T-shirts for the Summit
    Official T-shirts: http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/pages/Official.jpg
    Volunteer's T-shirts: http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/pages/Volunteer.jpg

6. Set up volunteers team
    We have set up a team of volunteers, most of them are students and community people, like Beijing Linux User Group, Open Party etc. They will help on registration, translation and emcees for each conference room.

7. Setting up Internet access and wifi environment
    Dave and Halton are helping on setting up the wifi and Internet access in the venue of Beihang University. We have figured out a solution and we are testing it now with the support from Beihang students.

8. Open Party joined the Summit

    Open Party joined us by sending volunteers and add our summit on their website: http://www.beijing-open-party.org/index.php/2008/09/gnome-asia-beijing-october.html
    Thanks a lot to Open Party!

Hot Open Talks:
1. Call for media partners;
2. Call for lightning talks;
3. Prepare the Internet access in the venue
4. Prepare the booth
5. Print T-shirts, design brochures, and all Summit related stuffs.

Regards,
Emily