Re: Agov3 - Login Decisions

2007/7/3, Bruno Santos <bmfs eksperimental net>:
Hi,

I was talking with Thomas (thos) about the user login and he complain that he didn't like to use his username to login, because most of the times he didn't even remember what was the username. So he would prefer to user the email as login.
So wanted to know your opinion about this subject.

Definitively a good idea. We have enough confusion between live.gnome.org, bugzilla, et al. Email should be enough for login, and if password is requested, it's easier to the user know in which inbox should he look in.

Should users be let to login with username, email, both?
I don't mind to set the system to allow both.
But with that comes another comes another thought. I think user should always choose an username, and that they can't change it ever. The username is their alias in the system. It's the identifier that users associate with the work.

What do you think?

Email+password should be enough for everyone. Let's keep it simple.

Regards,

Bruno Santos