Re: Easier submissions

Hi,

I think that an "Import from gnome-look" button would be really nice for
some people. But there should also be a possibility to submit data
easier without gnome-look.

I know, that uploading to the ago - server isn´t possible. But there are
a lot of free ftp servers available, where uploading files of < 2 MB is
possible. Why not register a free ftp server for uploading the data? So:
The user can upload data. Where the stuff becomes uploaded first isn´t
important for the user. Later the data can be copied from the free ftp
server to the original ago server.

If gnome-look had an xml interface it would be very easy to access the
data :) But extracting the data via HTML shouldn´t be very hard too. The
user should enter the ID of the theme, then the content can be accessed
on the page:

gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=ID

You should read the HTML Page with PHP and search for specific strings
like:

<b>Type:</b>

But I don´t know, how this can be done with PHP easily.

Greetings

Mike