Re: art.gnome.org setup

Thomas Wood wrote:

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up a similar system to yours at art.ubuntu.com. The
> art.gnome.org site looks really elegant so I would like to base it on
> that with some modification to the theme, etc.

That sounds great. Be sure to let us know of any bugfixes/general enhancements you make!

Sure. ATM I'm just trying to get it running, but once we start using it, I'm sure our community will have contributions to make.

> Is there any documentation or even just some mailing list threads you
> could point me to to help me get started? Specifically, what are the
> prerequisites and how do you set up the database? Are there some empty
> mysql tables/scripts I could use to initialise it? I've got the latest
> PHP code out of CVS, is that known to be in working order.

The CVS HEAD is used on the site, so it should always be in working order. I can get you some sql scripts to set up the database if you'd like.

That would be great, thank you. I think I'm still missing some dependencies on my setup to get in running. When I try to run it locally I get errors like: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: artweb_news in /var/www/test/art-web/index.php on line 7

Warning: main(mysql.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/test/art-web/news.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'mysql.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/test/art-web/news.php on line 3

Sorry for my low PHP/MySQL literacy :p I'm sure this is basic stuff. Any help would be appreciated though :)

There isn't any documentation, but there is a relatively new mailing list (artweb-list gnome org) if you need any general assistance.

Cool. I've joined and will now be taking this on-list.

- Henrik