Re: [anjuta-list] Error during debugging

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:39 PM Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:

Sebastien,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 7:15 AM Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:

Hi, Sebastien,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 2:04 PM Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:

Hi,

On 29/12/2018 18:16, Igor Korot wrote:
igor@IgorReinCloud ~/dbhandler/Debug/dbhandler $ file --mime-type dbhandler
dbhandler: application/x-pie-executable

Can you try to add x-pie-executable in anjuta-gdb.plugin? Do you get the
same result on your other system?

Sorry for being late with the reply. Being busy.

So first of all I modified that file according to the link you provided.
I then restarted Anjuta and when I tried to do "Run->Debug Program" -
nothing happened.

Next I tried to run the "file" command on the other machine.
There I received following:

[quote]
dbhandler:application/x-executable
[/quote]

which I completely don't understand.
Everything got transferred and I somehow ended up with different thing.

I will try to google and see what I will need to change to make
executable on the first
machine.

I tried to compare the configure line from Anjuta on both machines and they are
the same.

So I believe the only difference is with gcc:

5.4.0 on working machine vs. 7.3.0 on one that does not.

What is also interesting is that running gdb from terminal works,
while Anjuta does not.

Thank you.

OK, turns out I had an old version of Anjuta.
I updated it and now I can use debugger inside Anjuta from both machines.

I consider the issue closed.

Thank you.

Thank you.