Re: [anjuta-list] How to recover after crash

Hi, Serbastien,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:45 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:
Sebastien,

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
Hi,

Le 27/06/2017 à 20:13, Igor Korot a écrit :

In the Terminal I just do:
cd ~/my_proj/Debug && make
In Anjuta I select "Build->Build Project".

Anjuta is doing the same. You can check if the configure project dialog that
the build directory is really the same.
Eventually, some environment variables could be different, check in the
configure project dialog too.

So what is kept?

Anjuta keeps the list of selected plugins, the name of the build directory,
the name of the executable, the list of opened files and a few things like
that.

Or Anjuta simply reads the Makefiles and wraps them in a GUI
dialogs?

yes, Anjuta parse all Makefile.am and display the information. In a limited
way it is able to modify these Makefile.am. But contrary to a lots of other
IDE is doesn't copy all project settings in his own format. That's why I
don't understand how you can get this issue.

1. Make Anjuta non-responsive.
2. Try to close it by clicking on "X".
3. Click "Force to close application".
4. After successful closing start the Anjuta.
Try to build the project.

I have done it a lots of time, especially when I modify Anjuta, I have never
get such issue.

Below ios a log from running the "Build->Build Project" inside Anjuta:

[code]
Building in directory: /home/igor/dbhandler
make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/igor/dbhandler'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/igor/dbhandler'
Making all in dbinterface
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/dbinterface'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/dbinterface'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/dbinterface'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/dbinterface'
Making all in libsqlite
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/libsqlite'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/libsqlite'
CXX      libsqlite_lib_la-database_sqlite.lo
/home/igor/dbhandler/libsqlite/database_sqlite.cpp:19:22: fatal error:
database.h: No such file or directory
#include "database.h"
^
compilation terminated.
/home/igor/dbhandler/libsqlite/Makefile:513: recipe for target
'libsqlite_lib_la-database_sqlite.lo' failed
make[2]: *** [libsqlite_lib_la-database_sqlite.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/libsqlite'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/igor/dbhandler/libsqlite'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
/home/igor/dbhandler/Makefile:505: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/igor/dbhandler'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/igor/dbhandler'
/home/igor/dbhandler/Makefile:416: recipe for target 'all' failed
Completed unsuccessfully
Total time taken: 0 secs
[/code]

The very first line in the log is very suspicious.

Any idea how it could happen and more importantly - how to fix it?

The build directory should be /home/igor/dbhandler/Debug and that's
where I'm building inside
the terminal.

Is it possible that when I forced-close Anjuta it was writing some
project info and now I'm screwed?

Thank you.

I believe I found what has happened.
When the user selects "Build->Build Propject" or "Build->Configure Project"
for the first time, he sees the dialog where {s}he can choose the
build configuration,
build directory and the configure parameters.

Now, it looks like when the Anjuta stopped working and I forcefully closed it,
the next time I opened it, the "Build Configuration" field of this
dialog was set to
"Default" and so the build was starting in the wrong directory.

After I looked closely to this dialog I found this and when I changed
the configuration
to "Debug" adding the "--with-wx-config" option to configure
everything was working
again.

Now here is the question.
Where the data on this dialog is kept? Asking this because I had to
add the "--with-wx-config"
option manually and I prefer this to be saved somewhere. And I know it
is saved, since if I
close the Anjuta and then open it back up this option is still stands.

So now everything works as it should.
Sorry for the noise.

Thank you.

If Anjuta will be able to build after the "Force to exit" then there
was something wrong with my system at the time of the crash.

But even if you system was wrong. To build your project, Anjuta is running
make in the build directory but I don't understand why it's different if you
run it in a terminal.