Re: [anjuta-list] [anjuta-devel] Problem starting Anjuta

Hi Igor,

Am 14.08.2017 um 16:34 schrieb Igor Korot:
Hi, Jens,

So it really *is* closely related. The problem is in the symbol-db plugin:

https://github.com/GNOME/anjuta/blob/1f196dd119b41ce70f50c028946017e1c98d4d72/plugins/symbol-db/symbol-db-engine-core.c#L1561

There is a g_warning there (in fact the one you were seeing all along), but it really is a critical error
how the code is currently written, because there is no working fallback when shm is not usable.

Ok, so `shm_open ("/dev/pts/anjuta [...]` fails on your system and that causes the segfault.

Does this mean that the plugin needs to be fixed?

It doesn't do a good job at error recovery, as it stands shm support is required for the plugin to work.

I have 2 Gentoo system:
1. Gentoo + KDE 4 with Anjuta and GTK installed. It uses OpenRC.
2. Gentoo + GNOME 3 with Anjuta. It uses OpenRC.

The interesting thing is that on the first system I don't see that crash,
only on the second one.

Have you compared /etc/fstab on both systems?

Do you have any idea why? I will try to compare the USE-flags for
Anjuta on both systems
in the meantime.

I don't think the problem is use flag related.

And shm is mounted correctly:

$ mount | grep shm
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

I would try to comment out the last line of your fstab (and remount /dev/shm or reboot).

I can try to do that, but I want to hear your opinion on the question above.

Thank you.

I would compare fstab files and try to remove the devtmpfs line as I already wrote.

devtmpfs can be used for /dev (not /dev/shm), it is probably a typo or something.

Like I wrote before udev and the init system normally take care of mounting system filesystems like /sys,
/proc, /dev and even /dev/shm.

Your current config first mounts shm on /dev/shm and then mounts a second filesystem over it (a devtmpfs)
which looks like a mistake to me. This could cause problems with other software as well that expects shm to
work.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Mühlenhoff