[anjuta-list] Dynamic library (.so)

Sebastien,
Now I'm trying to create a dynamically linked library (.so).
So, the same way as with static library I made a folder at the same level
as src and then tried to add a target to that folder.

However, when I tried to select "Target Type", I couldn't find anything related.
The closest I did find is "Shared Library (Libtool)". But giving
target name, then
selecting it and hitting "Add", I am getting "Shared library target name must
be of the form libxxx.la".

Why the extension is ".la" and not ".so"? Isn't it what the shared library name
should be on Linux?

Keep in mind that I don't have too much experience with autotools & friends.

Also, when I will run the binary inside Anjuta will it automatically
set the path
to find the dynamic library to be found? Or I will have to set the output path
to the .so file inside the project?
I hope I made this last paragraph clear enough.

Thank you for the help so far.
It is great.