Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta Project Import with Autotools backend

Hi Nicholas,

Le 01/04/2012 23:29, Nicholas Melnick a écrit :
Is there a way to see debug information from an autotools import into Anjuta?
I'm having a bear of a time getting the import to work properly.

There is no debug information for the import procedure of Anjuta. But this procedure is the same for all project types. It just copies a file named project_name.anjuta in your project directory containing all used plugins (only the project backend plugin is different).

What is failing is rather the autotools backend which apparently doesn't load your project correctly.

If you compile anjuta from the sources, there is a program named projectparser in plugins/am-project which can load a project and display its content using the following command line:
	projectparser load project_directory_path list

I'm giving Anjuta a try as a Vala IDE. It looks great when I create a new Vala
project from Anjuta, and would love the auto complete and so on. After trying
to get a Makefile backend working as a Vala project to no avail,

Indeed, the support of makefile project is more limited, you can only read the project not change it in the GUI.

I decided to
convert my project to autotools. I got that compiling properly, but one of my targets
just doesn't look right after import. The build process generates a check target,
a binary, and a library. The test and the binary both come up in the Project view
with their associated files, but the library target appears in the project list
with no expander and no files listed beneath it. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why.

The autotools format is quite complex and not really designed to be read by another program. Anjuta cannot read all valid autotools projects. I'm trying to fix this when I find an issue. The best solution is that you open a bug here:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=anjuta
and attach your project files here, I need only configure.ac and all Makefile.am. I will check what's happen.