[anjuta-list] using gtktreeview and gtkliststore in Anjuta

I feel like I'm spamming the list a bit with all these questions, but
here's another one nonetheless.

When you create a new GtkTreeView widget in glade, it asks you to also
create a liststore to connect to the treeview.  I did that, but no
matter what I did, editing the liststore never changed the treeview
widget in my program. I finally found a site that said it is
impossible to connect and edit a liststore in glade and you pretty
much have to do everything in code, and I found another site that gave
me some example code to work with and I got the program to work.
However, if it doesn't do anything, what is the purpose of having the
ability to create and edit liststores? Is this a bug? If it's not a
bug, what do I need to do to get it to work? It seems like a much
simpler solution to have default lists stored in the ui file and
initialized with GtkBuilder rather than running ten different list
initialization functions to create and connect treemodels, liststores,
and cell renderers for every treeview and combo box in a given
program.

Thanks,
--Benton