Re: [anjuta-list] How to setup the .so files?

Hi!

> How do you setup anjunta so that automake knows how to distribute the .so
> files?

.so files (like .la files) are binary data and as such no source files.
They aren't distributed in the tarball, as it is a source tarball.
Distributions use that tarball to generate the binary packages.

> With the default setup these are in .libs subdirectory.
> they are:
> name.so
> name.so.0
> name.so.0.0.0
> The 0s depend on the libtool version numbers.
> How does one control these version numbers when using anjuta?

You need some special Makefile.am line, like

libgdl_3_la_LDFLAGS = $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) \
                      -version-info 1:0:0

where 1:0:0 is the version. I don't think anjuta generates this or is
able to generate it. But you only need it when you have a library that
is not only consumed by your application.

> Do you setup new targets for the .so files?
> If so how is this done?

See above, automake generates those files in the .libs directory and
install them in an appropriate location.

> How does the typical anjuta library project aiming at distro use, control the
> distribution of .so files?

It doesn't. The distros use the tarball to build their binary package.
Normally that just use "make install" in a pseudo-location and then use
some scripts to adjust the file path in the package. For more
information, consult the rpm or dpkg-buildpackage manuals or just leave
that work to the distributions.