[Anjuta-list] Adding a library - no pkg-config or autoconf

I'm trying to add a library manually to a project, as in the
documentation section 4.1.3
(http://anjuta.org/documentations/subpage/documents/C/anjuta-build-tutorial/c808.html#library-autotools-lame)

The library I am trying to add is mysql++. I've added the lines to
Makefile.am but when I run the first command shown (cd . && /bin/sh
/home/cliffp/anjuta-projs/src/missing --run automake-1.10 --foreign
Makefile) I get the messages:

Makefile.am:27: variable `gtk_image_organiser_LDFLAGS' is defined but
no program or
Makefile.am:27: library has `gtk_image_organiser' as canonic name
(possible typo)

This is probably an automake problem, but I'm asking here in case
someone has hit this problem in Anjuta and overcome it.

Cheers,

Cliff