[Anjuta-list] Adding an assembler project template

I have Anjuta 2.4.2 running on Debian Lenny. I'm a Linux noob and a novice
programmer. I have been using the Anjuta IDE to learn C programming in a
unix environment. I have recently experimented with the NASM assembler from
a command line interface  and thought that I would attempt to set up a
project template for using NASM through the Anjuta IDE.

I have successfully set up a NASM project template to load  a basic
'hello.world' nasm source file, however, I can't get the source code to
compile. Anjuta tells me there is no compile rule defined for this file
type. This is probably due to incorrect parameters in the makefile.am.tpl
file.

Q1. Is it possible/feasible to set up Anjuta to run NASM projects?
Q2. If the answer to Q1 is yes.......how is this achieved?