[Anjuta-list] nothing in the Stdout tab

I'd like it if the Stdout tab in the Messages window would trap standard
output from my application, but so far I can't make it do so.  I'm building
some of the GTK tutorial exercises, that call gprint().  I build the
programs in Anjuta and when I run them from the console, I get the expected
messages on stdout.  But when I run them from within Anjuta, the stdout
appears to be lost; in particular it doesn't show up in the Stdout window.

It would be a lot more convenient if I could hit Execute and see stdout in
the Stdout window, instead of going to a terminal to run the app.  What am
I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Andrew.