[Anjuta-list] "configure error" bug

I'm using Debian Etch. I installed Anjuta and its dependencies with the
standard Debian tools. The version is 1.2.4a.

I start it and try to use the wizard to generate a gtkmm C++ application.
It appears to use a configure file, which generates a lot of output to its
text window - ending up with:

configure: error: Package requirements (gtkmm-2.0) were not met:
No package 'gtkmm-2.0' found