[Anjuta-list] Problem compiling gnome C++ project

I am using Anjuta-1.2.4 installed by yum on a Fedora core 5, i386
system. I like Anjuta. I created a C program and wired an event into it
that worked fine. But when I try to create a C++ program the creation is
unsuccessful returning
configure: error: package requirements (libgnomeuimm-2.0) were not met.
I have installed many packages in different orders and even formatted
the drive and reinstalled Fedora 5 from a commercial disk to no avail.
Some of the packages are:
libgnomeuimm-2.0.0.tar.bz2
libgnomeuimm20-2.0.0-1.i386.rpm
libgnomeuimm26-2.12.0-3.i386.rpm