Re: [Anjuta-list] anjuta and distcc

Hi Mick,

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 10:52, Mick wrote:
> I have used anjuta for a while now and recently tried to use distcc with it
> but when I do I get a pair of warnings:-
> distcc{4262] (dcc_get_hostlist) Warning: no hostlist is set; can't distribute
> work
> distcc[4262] (dcc_build_somewhere) Warning: failed to distribute, running
> locally instead
>
> make -j8 CC=distcc does work from the command line.
>
> does anyone know how to make it work?

Are you compiling anjuta with distcc or using distcc in your anjuta
projects?

If it is the former, anjuta does not build properly with -j option in
make (because there are missing target dependencies, which we haven't
fixed yet). The error you got seems different from what it should
normally be (see bugzilla), though.

If it is later, the problem is somewhere else because anjuta does not do
anything to your project's build system in the way that would interfere
with your existing distcc configuration.

Regards,
-Naba