[Anjuta-list] Anjuta for Windows via cygwin

Dear Anjuta members:

I´m desperately searching for a way to use Anjuta on Windows. I have tried
various ways.

We are Unix programmers, but everyone likes Windows, so they use strange
combinations like FTP-enabled editors to access the files and then a PuTTY
window to compile. It doesn´t make any sense, and I´m trying to convince my
team that they should use Linux. It´s free, it´s powerful and integrates
101% with Unix. But the problem is that they are too Windows addicted.

So, one of the solutions that I´m needing is to integrate the Windows
environment to Unix. I need to use the Anjuta in a Windows environment.

Right now, I have intalled the CygWin with CyGNOME. I selected all packages
in both installers. Took forever to download mere 600MB of packages.
Installed ok. However, Anjuta hangs when I ask it to compile or run the
autotools, something like halting whenever it launches a helper program.
After that, it really eats my system up, literally. I was with my messenger
open, I clicked on preferences, and no buttons, no text edits, no nothing.
Anjuta ate my resources.

So I guess that maybe Anjuta 2 would be better and more stable in Windows.
I´ll try it right away, but if there´s somebody out there that has gone
through this, then please share your knowledge.

Thanks for the help,
Rodrigo Madera