Re: [Anjuta-list] Debbuger freezes - Newbie

Florent Paillard ha scritto lo scorso 05/27/2004 11:46 PM:

Hi !!

A installed Anjuta 1.2.2 on a Debian Sid (kernel 2.6.6 - gcc 3.3.3). Compile and make work perfectly. When I start the debugger (Shift + F12) there's no problem but when I run the program in the debugger (with F4, F5 or F8) Anjuta freezes. The other apps on my computer are still running without problems (CPU used at 2%).

Hi Florent,

I encountered some problems resembling yours, and I noticed that (in Anjuta 1.2.1) Settings->Compiler and Linker settings->Options did not change my makefiles when toggling the "enable debugging option" or when modifing the optimization level. A workaround I was able to find out is to manually modify makefile and set the -g (or even better -ggdb) option, together with desired optimization -O2 or -O3.

Hope this will help you.

I had a look in the FAQ, the doc and the tuts but found nothing about it.

I hope someone will help me
Thanks a lot
Florent

(sorry for my bad english, I'm french)