[Anjuta-list] syntax error with Anjuta 1.1.97

Hello,

I am new to this list and Anjuta. At the moment I try to work through some tutorials for beginners (primarily the German one). Unfortunately I hit a nasty error message erverytime I try to create a new project:

./configure: line 19494: syntax error near unexpected token 'Gnome'
./configure: line 19494: 'PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GNOME, libgnomeui-2.0 gtk+-2.0,,exit)'

Perhaps my current installation is missing a package???

I know that there is a new Anjuta build, but don't want to mess up my Debian Sarge installation (1.1.97 is bleeding edge at the moment)!

Some infos on my Box:
$: uname -r
2.4.18-bf2.4

Gnome-2.4
GTK-2.0

If it is required I can give the entire output of 'dpkg -l |grep whatever', I apologize in advance if this questions has been answered already. If this is the case please point me to the related docs

Thanks for (starting) help

Sincerely,

Thomas