[Anjuta-list] Application Wizard Problem

Hi all, totally new user here, having a little problem that I cant
figure out at all.
When using the application Wizard, I enter the project details for a gtk
2.0 application etc etc

On the initial build of the project, I get a message box saying
ERROR: The Project was not successfully auto generated. Please run
autogen.sh manually

In the Build Pane there is also the error
configure: error: libtool configure failed.

Upon running autogen.sh I get the following output

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
  autopoint --force
Creating directory m4
Copying file m4/codeset.m4
Copying file m4/gettext.m4
Copying file m4/glibc21.m4
Copying file m4/iconv.m4
Copying file m4/isc-posix.m4
Copying file m4/lcmessage.m4
Copying file m4/progtest.m4
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running libtoolize...
Running aclocal  ...
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:8: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:99: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
autoheader: `config.h.in' is unchanged
Running automake --gnu  ...
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure ...
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf5.1
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf5.1
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed

I am using anjuta-1.1.97 on FreeBSD 5.1. Does anyone have any ideas what
could be causing this?
(I also have libtool-1.3.4_4 installed.)

Thanks in advance
Mick