Re: [Anjuta-list] Some java crap...

Sorry for the late reply. What with a job and anjuta stable branch
maintenance, I haven't been getting time to start some of teh major
restructuring/merge/design jobs, one of which is the wizard thingy. What
I would really like is that someone studies the current wizard system of
VC, KDevelop and anjuta2, and come up with a nice wizard system for
anjuta. It should be flexible enough to scale from code snippets (e.g
Add a C function prototype) through whole files (say, a GOB file) ->
sets of files (e.g. add a bonobo component to an existing project) to
full projects (like our current wizards).

It would be nice to make these standalone executables/scripts (+ some
additional stuff like name, a glade file for getting parameters, an icon
maybe, etc.). At the very least, there should be a way for people to add
their own stuff without having the full source code of anjuta available.
It should, of course, support custom dialogs to get user input via
glade/libglade or something like that (we can probably reuse the
existing properties interface).

In the current scenariwo, the only way to add your wizards is to write
standalone scripts/executables and integrate them via the tools
interface.

--
Rgds,
Biswa.