Re: [Anjuta-list] anjuta 1.2.0

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 23:31, Joseph Harnish wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was wondering what the time frame for releasing 1.2.0 is.  It would
> probably be a good idea to get it out a few weeks before RedHat
> plans to release 8.1. It looks
> a lot better than 1.0.2 and follows same Gnome 2 look and feel.

Yes, I agree we should get the release out very soon, but there are some
crash bugs and some minor malfunctioning of features which are the show
stoppers.

I would like to work on these minor caveats, but I will be visiting my
home for 10 days, and therefore it is unlikely I would be able to work
much from there. I would appreciate if people test it and supply patches
to the list. Biswa can take care of applying them in the CVS. I will
also try to get online occasionally.

Some points to work on:

1) Some dialogs are still using old add-buttons-and-connect-signals.
Remove them, use GtkDialog and handle the response signal.

2) Message manager is under-construction (Johannes?). We cannot release
the beta with the old CList in the message manager as it takes up too
much CPU resource (and sometimes get stuck) when fast messages are
appended to it.

3) Figure out a way to remove the ZVT widget from the launcher.c and use
vte instead.

4) Other bugs.

>  Because RedHat is completely Gnome 2 it would be a good idea to
> let them ship anjuta 1.2 with it.

I doubt RedHat will include anjuta-1.2.0 with their distribution. They
have never included anjuta before and it seems more unlikely to include
anjuta-1.2.0 in their next distro release because of it's beta state.
Anyway, that's their decision and we have nothing to do with it.

> BTW I really like the new design for the preferences section.

Thanks.

-Naba