[Anjuta-list] Problems with Special Characters

Hi,

I've been using Anjuta since version 1.0.2. In versions 1.1.1 and 1.1.97
I've encountered the following problem while editing text in Anjuta's
editor: I can't get some characters to actually be displayed on the screen
and input in the file, for instance, " and ' (and other special characters
of the portuguese language), which is very troublesome, once you use them
repeatedly while programming! I type the keys repeatedly, after a spacebar,
with other keys but they just won't appear.

I run Anjuta on a Red Hat GNU/Linux 9 system, and I compiled it from source
(both 1.1.1 and 1.1.97). Version 1.0.2 I installed from a RPM package. I
already tried the RPM package of version 1.1.97 but it also didn't work.

I tried changing the enconding in Anjuta (Settings->Preferences->Enconding)
to ISO 8859-1 and others, but that didn't help either.

Some environment variables of interest:

LANG=en_US
GTK_IM_MODULE=xim

Keyboard configuration under X: pc-105, us_intl

KEYTABLE=br-latin1-us

Does anyone have any clue of what's happening?

Fernando.

---------------
DESCHAMPS, Eng. Fernando - Mestrando
S2i - Sistemas Industrias Inteligentes
DAS - Departamento de Automação e Sistemas
UFSC - Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Telefone: (48) 331-7573
Email: ferdes das ufsc br
http://s2i.das.ufsc.br
"Mantenha-o simples; tão simples quanto possível, mas não simplório" -
Albert Einstein.