[Anjuta-list] po files and anjuta 1.1.97

I have distinct difficulties getting translation files work in Anjuta.
Firstly, the GETTEXT_PACKAGE is always set to "". I am not sure what
needs to be done to change it to something meaningful. Also, it is not
quite clear and I can't find suitable documentation how to add a .po
file to Anjuta so that they are used by the running code. Here is my
setup: I have a project, named Royale, with the main file royale.cc. The
file was generated by Anjuta and has the following code at the
beginning:

#if defined(ENABLE_NLS)
    bindtextdomain(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR);
    textdomain(GETTEXT_PACKAGE);
#endif //ENABLE_NLS

I checked that ENABLE_NLS is set to 1. I corrected by hand
GETTEXT_PACKAGE to "Royale" after noticing that after Anjuta installed
the binary I got Royale.mo file in share/locale/royale. Then I created
(just in case) both Royale.po and royale.po and placed some strings in
them. Next I used Anjuta's Project/Add File/Translation File menu to add
them to the project. Next I configured the project, built all and run
the installer. However the program does not pick up string from either
of the file. Is there some up to date documentation that describes step
by step how to add .po files to the project? I would very much
appreciate it Actually, is there an up to date documentation on Anjuta
.. the one available on the web site seems to be devoted to 1.0 release
and frequently does not match what is present in 1.1.97. Since I am
developing for Gnome 2.2 using Gtkmm I don't think I can rely on 1.0 ...
Thanks in advance for the pointers ....

Bo