Re: [Anjuta-list] Cross debugging?

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 09:39, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

> > I'm looking at using Anjuta for some cross development (arm-elf).  I
> > quickly figured out how to tell Anjuta to invoke something other than
> > the default compiler, how do I do that for the cross debugger?
>
> If you're using the latest stable version (i.e. 1.0.2), then the option
> should be in Settings->Preferences->Build. I guess it's a bit hard to
> find - maybe we need a seperate debugger tab ?

Anjuta parsers the debugger output for updating various debugger
information within anjuta. The operation is strict as they have to be
performed in the right order with the right command (and their options)
and will need to be parsed in the right way.

Won't suppying an alternate backend debugger mess up the above and
render anjuta debugger fronend unoperational?

On a separate note, it would be a good improvement to utilize the gdb MI
library (no idea how far it is usable) for interface with anjuta.
Current debugger interface is sluggy and subject to errors.

Regards,
-Naba