Re: [Anjuta-list] Introduction and Questions

> Hello Anjuta List,
>
> My name is Matt and I just downloaded anjuta 1.0.0 for RH 7.3.
> I have to say I like it a lot!
>
> I am a C developer with years of expeience in developing back end server
> applications for unix. I am also just getting back into C++ after a few
> years of just C programming. I have been wanting to start contributing
> to an opensource project, hence a friend told me about Anjuta.
>
> I have compiled my obligatory hello world test and want to begin to help
> out. How does one go about this?

Well, here are some suggestions, more-or-less in the order that a
developer new to GNOME/Anjuta should do:

1) Join the development mailing list (anjuta-devel).
2) Use anjuta and discuss your problems and ideas for improvement on the
development mailing list.
3) Download the source code from http://anjuta.sf.net/cvs/ (stable
version) and play with it. Try simple things first, e.g. add a menu item
which displays a popup message.
4) Improve the documentation (manuals, FAQ. etc.)
5) Take a bug or feature request from the SF page
(http://sf.net/projects/anjuta/) and try to fix/implement it.
6) Write some new wizards or improve existing wizards.

If you are on GNOME2, you might also want to try Anjuta2, which is
pre-alpha and needs help.

The above, of course, is purely my opinion - if something else suits you
better - just go ahead and do it! That's what open source is all about.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Biswa.