[Anjuta-list] Features

I've been testing anjuta-1.0.0 now for a day or so and it looks really
promising now. The import project feature really did the job for me,
as my already working project management through my own configure.in and
Makefile.in files works perfectly :)

I browsed through the feature request tracking system for anjuta and
noticed couple of things:

- It has some features which I believe that are now
  implemented but the tracker still has them as open:

  442416 !  Large project support
  585416 !  file browser
  593493    Line wrapping

  ! == through import project at least

- It has most of features I still miss:

  497039    Better autocompletion for OO languages
  521840 *  Cant copy&paste output-Build/Debug/so on
  533298 *  Shift text left/right
  549336    Sub-Project Support
  581498 *  Copy from the build window
  533297 *  replace in selection
  552209 *  multiple selection in project tab
  596074 *  Remember configure parameter
  599543 *  Docking the watches bar a.o.
  604179 *  Display output in message window?
  614647 *  Free cursor
  623242 *  breakpoint weirdness
  623245    struct item completion
  624491    why not a workspace manager ?

  * == should be not too hard to implement?

  Could some of the developers please comment on these,
  as I consider these features quite important. Also I'd
  like to know what is the situation with 497039 as I find
  it extremely useful with VC.

  If someone has a good idea how those things could be
  plugged into anjuta I could help. I've been working
  with C++ for years so I know it pretty well, but anjuta
  source code is so far unknown to me.

- Some of the entries are duplicates of others, like
  623245 == 497039 and 581498 == 521840

Anjuta looks really good now, big thanks to everyone making it!

-- Timo Suoranta -- tksuoran cc helsinki fi --