[Anjuta-list] Re: [Anjuta-devel] [Help Wanted] Recent stability issues with Anjuta 1.x

Wow Jens - I owe you a beer (or whatever you prefer) - get in touch the
next time you are in Calcutta !

OK - about the patch, I have a slightly better idea, simply increase the
allocated memory instead of doing the (sv_max_t -1) stuff. This,
because, we should play safe if case there an attempt to access
sv_max_t'th element. So, change

	sv_icons = g_new(GdkPixmap *, sv_max_t);
	sv_bitmaps = g_new(GdkBitmap *, sv_max_t);
	sv_icons = g_new(GdkPixmap *, (sv_max_t+1));
	sv_bitmaps = g_new(GdkBitmap *, (sv_max_t+1));
in an_symbol_view.c:175

and
	fv_icons = g_new(GdkPixmap *, fv_max_t);
	fv_bitmaps = g_new(GdkBitmap *, fv_max_t);
	fv_icons = g_new(GdkPixmap *, (fv_max_t+1));
	fv_bitmaps = g_new(GdkBitmap *, (fv_max_t+1));
in an_file_view.c:41

That's all. (Your line numbers may vary since my local tree has some
more stuff currently)

However, we need to make sure that we've really whacked the bug on the
head - so I'll try and put up another tarball AND a unified patch (after
synching with CVS head - CVS tarball is broken in the web site at the
moment :-(). Hopefully, we should be back on track by Tuesday at most.

About Solaris compilation, I'm upto gnome-core, hopefully I'll be able
to start fixing the Anjuta specific commpile issues by day end today. IN
that case, I'd like to fix as many things as possible before submitting
the unified patch. Is that OK with people ?

Rgds,
Biswa.