[Anjuta-list] Re: [Anjuta-devel] Search/Replace Misses First Match

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 22:22, Roy Wood wrote:
> I appreciate having search/replace automatically insert the currently
> hilighted selection as the "Search For" target.  I've got things set up
> so that anjuta should search from the cursor, rather than the beginning
> of the file I'm editing.  Unfortunately, this means that it misses the
> currently-hilighted selection.  It finds all the following matches, but
> not the first one.
>
> Would it be presumptuous of me to call this a bug?

I think that's my fault. I (incorrectly) assumed that most people will
prefer to search from the top *by default*. Therefore, I have made the
default to "search from top" rather than "search from cursor". We can
change the default in next release (not 0.1.9).

> And would it be presumptuous of me to suggest having some sort of menu
> option and/or hotkey to enter the current selection as the search text?
> That sort of functionality would allow me to enter the search text,
> possibly move around, and then do the search.  For this to work well, I
> suppose it would be advisable to have a preference to control whether the
> current selection is automatically entered as the search target....

This one needs little thinking.... :)

-naba

Perhaps the world's second worst crime is boredom.  The first is being a
bore.
		-- Cecil Beaton