[Anjuta-list] Re: [Glade-users] Glade rewritting source files question

* Damon Chaplin (damon kendo fsnet co uk) wrote:
> I've thought of an easy way to do this, so I may have a go at implementing it.
>
> When you click the 'Update' button to update a signal handler name, it
> would check if callbacks.c exists and if so it would pop up a dialog
> asking if you want to rename the function there.
>
> If you choose "Rename" it would scan the file looking for the old signal
> handler name at the start of any line and replace it if found.
>
> How does that sound?

go for it! ;-)

> (Of course people will then ask for Glade to rename all signal handlers
> automatically when the widget name is changed! That would also be
> possible.)

Again, go for it, maybe as part of Glade 3 that you are now working on?

I think that implemention something like this would be of great benefit
to gtk/gnome programmers.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca