[Anjuta-list] Re: Building an Anjuta Gtk project on Win32

On 19/12/02 12:06 +0530, Naba Kumar thus thundered:

> On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 11:25, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> > Has anybody on this list managed to get an
> > anjuta project running in Win32? I mean a pure Gtk project with no
> > Gnome bindings, the GNU build system,etc. On a Win32 system with
> > Msys/Mingw, i mean.
> >
> > I was thinking whether to use Anjuta to make a cross-platform project
> > for Linux and Win32.
> >
> Anjuta users autotools for project management and it probably is not
> something that works in win platform. The code (pute gtk+) itself should
> have no problem.
>
> One thing you can do is totally avoid using autotools (that means you
> don't create your project using anjuta wizards). Write your own
> Makefiles that will work in both the platforms. Then import your project
> in Anjuta. That way you should be able to use anjuta for such projects.

Msys from the mingw project specifically mentions that it exists to
let GNU configure scripts work, along with the Gnuwin32 project. I
haven't tried it though. Will post after my experiments.

- Sandip

Sandip Bhattacharya
sandipb <@> bigfoot.com
http://www.sandipb.net             GPG/PGP: 0x08EB637C