[Anjuta-list] newbie question - wxWindows wizard

One thing the wizards do is give you a good starting point while
learning. I would like to thank you for add wxWindows to the list of
wizards. The best way to learn is through examples when they work.

I ran the wizard for wxWindows with gettext deselected. The Gettext
option always seems to complain but that is another problem.

The output I get is...

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal  ...
aclocal: configure.in: 16: macro `AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG' not found in
library
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_WXCONFIG' not found in library
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
src/Makefile.am:22: variable `WX_LIBS' not defined
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure ...
./configure: line 524: syntax error near unexpected token `wk3,'
./configure: line 524: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(wk3, 0.1)'

I am using Mandrake with wxGTK2.3_1-2.3.2-6mdk and
wxGTK2.3_1-devel-2.3.2-6mdk installed

A tad lost here. I presume it cannot figure out where wxWindows is,
correct? And where is that alocal.m4 file anyway?

A recommendation to include a global wizard to check for files and
configuration. In this case it would look for wxWindows, complaint
accordingly, and hopefully present one with the solution. As in you need
such and such file, or you need to specify the location of such and such
library in file x.

Finally all the intro books teach you about programming but few sources
tell you about program "construction" so if anyone knows a site which
gives a decent introductory primer on what is happening I would
appreciate it.

Gabriel