Re: [Anjuta-list] gnome-terminal alternatives

On 2001.09.28 02:16 adam wrote:
> I have been unable to find a way to use another term in the
> anjuta preferences. i know i could just do ln -s
> /usr/local/bin/gnome-terminal /usr/bin/aterm (along those
> lines), but i would rather just put it in the preferences, and
> i even could change the source code but that is just crazy.

Agreed that it would be unfortunate to have to change the source
to achieve this change.

I've had a VERY brief look at the problem - I'm in the middle of
moving house, so I don't have much time this week - and it
appears that there is a property command.terminal in the file
internal.properties which could be altered to point at aterm. The
file is usually installed somewhere like
/usr/share/anjuta/internal.properties. At the moment, there
doesn't seem to be a way to modify this setting in the
Preferences or Commands dialogs.

Incidentally, it also appears that this property appears twice in
the file, with a different command each time. I suspect this is
not necessary, so we ought to look into that. Copied to
anjuta-devel for attention - it's a one-line change :-)

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com - ICQ #86489434