Re: [Anjuta-list] using an external editor

On 20 Sep 2001 17:17:14 -0700, Martin Casado wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>   So, Anjuta really looks fantastic but I most say that I cannot part
> with my editor.  Is there any way to use an external editor within
> anjuta?

The architecture doesn't permit this (quite a messed up sources around
:-). With the newer architecture in anjuta2, we should be able to make
pluggable bonobo controls for different editors like vi and emacs etc

We will be using the Gide shell and other plugin architecture and
components such as gnome-debug. This is basically a merge of gIDE and
Anjuta (taking the best components from both the sides and producing
"THE GNOME IDE". I had a talk with Dave Camp recently in irc and we will
be discussing this further in the next week.

He is right now very busy trying to meet the deadline with HP. God help
him. :-)

-Naba

The girl who remembers her first kiss now has a daughter who can't even
remember her first husband.