RE: [Anjuta-list] Optimization won't turn off

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 17:28, Levi, Segev wrote:
> Oh, I tried it and it works.
>
> I was not aware that these parameters are determined by environment
> variables.
>
> That is kind of odd, isn't it? Otherwise, what good is the GUI option that
> is in Anjuta? Only for compiling one file?
> Also, like I explained, I tried setting the flags from the  GUI and it
> didn't change anything in the makefiles.

Well, unfornately, currently, the integration between compiling
individual files and compiling projects is extremely feeble (read
'nonexisting') in Anjuta. And yes, Autotools mostly work this way (env.
variables for customization) - makes sense since you can vary stuff
without hardcoding them anywhere.

> This is the first project I lead programming in Linux.
> I chose Anjuta after carefully selecting it from quite a few open source and
> commercial IDE's I've tried. It just captured me, what can I say. This

That's really flattering :-) Thanks.

was
> the only major problem I encountered so far (except minor compiling stuff).
>
> since I'm new to programming in Linux, maybe I do not understand something
> basic. Is it supposed to be that way (regarding the compiling parameters)?
> Or, should the GUI change the compiling procedure, like I intuitively
> thought?

It is supposed to be this way as far as autotools/make is concerned.
However, I agree that you should be able to set this from the GUI. I'll
see if this can be trivially added to the existing codebase.