[Anjuta-list] tag and session support

Hello,

I've recently come back to Anjuta after a long time using Visual
SlickEdit. It has improved quite a bit.

The reason I want to use Anjuta is that I am now developing a GTK+
frontend to our project library. Everyone in my group of over a dozen
developers uses Slick (we got the group discount on the expensive
licenses). The only thing is Slick doesn't integrate at all with
developing a GTK+ app and at times I use Glade to create some of the
tougher dialogs.

I looked at Glimmer for a while but it has some missing features I
really like from SlickEdit. One of these is the on-the-fly symbol lookup
and autocompletion of function arguments (tag support) and structure
members. The initial tags file is created from the /usr/include and my
CVS sandbox directory trees. Slick will show a function call tooltip if
you hold it over a function as well. I saw this happen in Anjuta once
but it isn't consistent.

Glimmer does have one feature that Slick has which is autosave of a
session. That is, it keeps track of the files that were being edited and
the last location in the file so that when Glimmer is reloaded, you are
brought back to where you were.

I am curious if both session support and the tag support as described
are coming soon or already in Anjuta.

Anjuta 0.1.7 shows signs of tag support but it appears tied to creating
a project. Adding files seems limited to a file at a time as opposed to
saying pickup headers in /usr/include tree. The autocomplete doesn't
seem to do what I expect. If I type a function name, it only seems to
autocomplete (if I explicity select autocomplete) the name not the
argument list.

Hopefully I have not missed how to use these features if they already
exist in Anjuta. It would be great if they were already there and
someone could steer me as to how they should be used.

Maybe I can eventually convince some of the other developers to drop
Slick in favor of an open source editor with the same or better
features.:-).

--
regards,

Luciano Chavez