[Anjuta-list] Locale & Font problem in 0.1.5

I managed to build anjuta 0.1.5. I also managed to start the program. But
when I selected File -> New Project from menu, anjuta died:

tksuoran hylkykari:~$ anjuta &
[1] 9780
tksuoran hylkykari:~$
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

GnomeUI-WARNING **: GnomeLess: Couldn't load fixed font

GnomeUI-ERROR **: file gnome-icon-item.c: line 304 (get_default_font):
assertion failed: (default_font != NULL)
aborting...

[1]+  Aborted                 anjuta
tksuoran hylkykari:~$

Any ideas what is wrong? This a university machine, so I have control
only to my ~/local, which I use as ./configure --prefix. I had to
install the gnome core parts myself to get anjuta to build, as the gnome
in the system is too old.

I have tried setting LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and LANG. I have unset all those.
Anything I do, the error is same. Anjuta doesn't seem to work well if
locales are not in use :/

Otherwise the GUI seems to work and does not crash for anything else.

I also see that the Settings -> Preferences needs a couple of
more things. I can't set caret color for example. I see that I
can do that from anjuta properties, so this is not urgent.

It would be very nice if there was couple of preset syntax hilight
colorschemes, too.

-- Timo Suoranta -- tksuoran cc helsinki fi --