Re: [Anjuta-list] Problems when configuring

--- Storm Linux User <adrielcgx bigfoot com> wrote:
> When i do ./configure (after reading the INSTALL file, i believe i don't
> have to pass extra params) i got this error:
>
> checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
> by gnome-libs install

Try running :
$ gnome-config --libs gnome gnomeui

I am pretty sure, this command will fail in your box.
Gnome config program uses that to get the libs
installed in your system and its the job of gnome to
install it in your box.

> so what i'm wondering is that this gnome file should've been created
> when i installed gnome? or is it something else?

Yes, that is what I say. If the test command given above fails,
then you probably cannot build any gnome packages,
including Anjuta.

> what does this file contains?...can i made it by hand?....does it work
> if i just do: #/touch gnomeConf.sh in /usr/local/lib ?

This is a shell script costumized for your box when the
gnome is installed. You must reinstall gnome-devel package and see if
the problem is gone. Mere, touch won't do any good.

If the problem still exists forward your query to gnome-list gnome org
Someone there might be able to help you.

Good luck,

Regards,
-Naba