[Anjuta-list] Re: Build problem on Slackware 8.0

On 21 Aug 2001 07:12:12 +0200, Voluspa wrote:

> root:loke:/home/net/ide/anjuta-0.1.6$ ./configure
> [...]
> checking for gnome-config... no
> checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by
> gnome-libs install

Hmm, pretty funny, you can run gnome-config from the $PATH, but the
script can't. gnome-config is necessary to be found for the configure to
work properly, otherwise, it just makes wild guesses (like the last two
'checking ...' lines.

Well, the macro responsible for finding gnome-config is:

  AC_PATH_PROG(GNOME_CONFIG,gnome-config,no)
  if test "$GNOME_CONFIG" = "no"; then
      no_gnome_config="yes"

and we are sure, this isn't working.
Please run:

$ which gnome-config

and see if it can find the program. correct the path problem in $PATH
variable defined in /etc/profile file by adding

export $PATH="$PATH:/opt/gnome/bin"

If the above thing doesn't work, then there is a last option which is a
dirty fix for that type of problem.

create a symbolic link for /opt/gnome/bin in /usr/local/bin.

$ ln -s /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config /usr/local/bin/gnome-config

Now, try to run the configure.

Good luck. Report further problems to me.

-Naba